Office Manager part-time position
Position starting in August
Application Deadline: June 30, 2017
Students for a Free Tibet (SFT) is looking for a team member to work on a part-time basis 20-25 hours a week or three days a week.
We are looking for a highly efficient person to facilitate smooth office operations and provide general administrative and logistical support to SFT staff. The successful applicant will be ultra organized, able to multi-task, an administrative skills, a quick problem solver who is able to think on her or his feet, comfortable working in a fast-pace environment and a team player. This role will be a great opportunity to become a part of a creative, strategic and dynamic organization at the forefront of Tibet’s non-violent struggle for freedom.
About Students for a Free Tibet:
Students for a Free Tibet (SFT) is a creative, strategic and dynamic organization at the forefront of Tibet’s non-violent struggle for freedom. We are a chapter-based network of young people and activists around the world. Through education, grassroots organizing, and non-violent direct action, we campaign for Tibetans’ fundamental right to political freedom. Our mission is to empower and train youth as leaders in the worldwide movement for social justice.
Overall: You’re the boss of making sure everything runs smoothly!
Administration/Operations: office space is functional and everyone has what they need to do their jobs well
- Fulfill administrative duties, including: filing, hard-copy and electronic record retention, copying, composing routine correspondence and handling mail
- Record day-to-day financial transactions, working with accounting firm to maintain accurate financial records;
- Oversee the implementation of a new filing and record retention system.
- Plan, implement and maintain office systems to help fit the needs of a fast-paced and super busy grassroots organization;
- Own all general/maintenance – everything should be working well
- Oversee re-design of office layout to maximize office efficiency
- Maintain office space, including: ordering and maintaining office and cleaning supplies; ensure all office equipment is functional and procured as needed, ensuring that the office space is clean and orderly;
- Oversee SFT’s Membership
- Help bottomline SFT’s key annual events in NYC.
- Act as office receptionist, answering phones and referring calls to appropriate staff
- Office manager is expected to start at 9:00am to ensure that the office is open for business punctually at 10:00am;
- Other duties as assigned.
The “How” – Keys to Success!
Previous administrative experience is required.
100% follow-through: No dropped balls policy! Stay on top of all specific tasks/follow-up items and general areas of work; consistently meet deadlines. You should have the ability to multitask and work independently without much supervision.
Customer service orientation: We’re pretty busy here, and your job is to make it easy for staff to do their jobs; view your work as supporting the whole and integral to the team’s effectiveness.
Attention to detail: Everything going out (other than internal communication) is polished – meaning accurate (right content, no misspellings, grammatical errors, etc.) and precise (reflects nuances, captures subtleties, etc.) and “fits” the situation (should have our “look and feel” generally but can be casual when situation calls for it).
Positive attitude and flexibility: Approach work with a spirit of “yes”; strike a positive tone; push work forward through obstacles and adapt quickly as things change (which they inevitably will!).
– Tibetan language is a plus
– Having a driver’s license is a plus
– Prior HR experience is a huge plus
How to apply:
Please send a cover letter and resume to recruitment@studentsforafreeti
Please use “Office Manager” as the subject of your email.