- Contacting and alerting media for specific events
- Scanning local and international news daily
- Assisting in updating the website, social media, and newsletter with current news and campaigns
- Researching strategic possibilities for targeting new audiences
- Assisting Communications Director in managing SFT’s official internal and external communications
Savvy and experience with social networking tools, excellent writing and communications skills, and ability to work independently as well as within the team. Experience with Photoshop and video editing tools a plus.
Applicants are expected to commit at least 15 hours per week for a minimum of 12 weeks (15 preferred). Full-time internships and longer commitments are preferred.
This internship will provide you the opportunity for skill development and work experience in the nonprofit sector; references from senior staff upon successful completion of the internship; unique learning experience in one of the most effective grassroots organizations in the field of political activism. This internship is unpaid.
To apply for the Communications Internship position, please send your resume, cover letter (including an explanation of your interests in the Tibetan freedom movement and social media), and the names and contact information for two references to grassroots[at]studentsforafreetibet.org with “Communications Internship” in the email subject line. No phone calls, please.