- Lead, assist and direct planning of events
- Research and coordination with event venue
- Outreach to food vendors, restaurants, and in-kind donors
- Management of event budget
- Management of event day volunteer crew
- Participate in the pre- preparation and post- analysis of the event, help assess opportunities and make recommendations for future improvements
- Social media (facebook and twitter) maintenance and event-related outreach
- Web content and email marketing of events
The ideal candidate possesses excellent communications skills in English (Tibetan a plus), is highly organized, and is proficient in Excel, Word and Google Docs. S/he is detail oriented and can coordinate between multiple parties in a timely manner. Familiarity with the New York Area and previous experience in event planning is highly recommended.
Applicants are expected to commit at least 15 hours per week for a minimum of 12 weeks (15 preferred). Full-time internships and longer commitments are preferred.
This internship will provide you the opportunity for skill development and work experience in the nonprofit sector; references from senior staff upon successful completion of the internship; unique learning experience in one of the most effective grassroots organizations in the field of political activism. This internship is unpaid.
To apply for the Events & Programs Internship position, please send your resume, cover letter (including an explanation of your interests in the Tibetan freedom movement and coordinating events and programs), and the names and contact information for two references to grassroots[at]studentsforafreetibet.org with “Events & Programs Internship” in the email subject line. No phone calls, please.