The Multimedia Intern will work closely with staff members to develop and curate compelling and impactful content for Students for a Free Tibet’s multimedia platforms. Responsibilities include:
- Research for photo, video, and other multimedia projects (Including scanning local and international news daily)
- Ability to capture and/or edit photo and video
- Create consistent content for multimedia accounts to update website and social media platforms
- Researching strategic possibilities for targeting new audiences
Interns will be held to a professional standard and are expected to fulfill the following criteria:
- Strong interest and passion for human rights and activism
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Attention to detail
- Photo and video shooting ability
- Photo and video editing experience
- Can work effectively and efficiently under pressure and changing deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Can pitch and execute creative new ideas
- Strong grasp of editing programs such as Final Cut Pro X, Photoshop, Illustrator, and/or other Adobe design products a plus
- Current student or recent graduate of a Fine Arts/Graphic Design program strongly preferred
- Applicants with previous professional multimedia experience a plus
Applicants are expected to commit at least 15 hours per week for a minimum of 12 weeks (15 preferred). Full-time internships and longer commitments are preferred.
This internship will provide you the opportunity for skill development and work experience in the nonprofit sector; references from senior staff upon successful completion of the internship; unique learning experience in one of the most effective grassroots organizations in the field of political activism. This internship is unpaid.
To apply for the Multimedia Internship position, please send your resume, cover letter (including an explanation of your interests in the Tibetan freedom movement and social media), and the names and contact information for two references to grassroots[at]studentsforafreetibet.org with “Multimedia Internship” in the email subject line. No phone calls, please.