- Helping to maintain accurate chapter records (e.g. calling and emailing chapter contacts)
- Mailing Chapter Kits and information
- Helping create grassroots materials
- Membership engagement and mobilization
Interns will be held to a professional standard and are expected to fulfill the following criteria:
- Strong interest and passion for human rights, activism, and grassroots organizing
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Can work effectively and efficiently under pressure and changing deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Can pitch and execute creative new ideas
- Applicants with previous professional multimedia experience a plus
Applicants are expected to commit at least 15 hours per week for a minimum of 12 weeks (15 preferred). Full-time internships and longer commitments are preferred.
This internship will provide you the opportunity for skill development and work experience in the nonprofit sector; references from senior staff upon successful completion of the internship; unique learning experience in one of the most effective grassroots organizations in the field of political activism. This internship is unpaid.
To apply for the USA Grassroots Internship position, please send your resume, cover letter (including an explanation of your interests in the Tibetan freedom movement and grassroots organizing), and the names and contact information for two references to grassroots[at]studentsforafreetibet.org with “Grassroots Internship” in the email subject line. No phone calls, please.