SFT International’s Board of Directors is responsible for setting the overall policies and long-term organizational goals of SFT and raising funds for SFT’s operations worldwide. Board members are required to commit to two years of service and we are now accepting applications for Board nominations 2016-2018 term. Board members must actively participate in fundraising, meetings, discussions, and committee work for the duration of their term of service. Board members are expected to assist and act as advocates for staff, national coordinators, regional contacts, and chapter members. Board members are expected to work within the requirements of service established by the Board and for the express purpose of advancing the mission of SFT worldwide. Board members report to the Executive Committee of the Board.
• Active participation with SFT within the last three years;
• Ready access to e-mail;
• Ability to travel to weekend meetings twice annually;
• Strong written and verbal communication skills;
• Understanding of SFT’s mission and familiarity with SFT history & structure;
• Commitment to non-violence and determination to get things done;
• All candidates must be a minimum of 18 years of age.
Members of the Board of Directors are expected to meet the all of the following requirements:
• Minimum of 10 hours per month of board work;
• A commitment to raise a minimum of $3,000 per fiscal year;
• Active involvement in at least one Board committee;
• Attendance at all mandatory Board meetings (two per year) and monthly conference calls;
• Significant participation in at least one regional fundraising event and one full Board fundraising initiative each year (i.e.: SFT’s annual events, house parties, ask or cultivation meetings, etc.)
HOW TO APPLY
3. Submit your resume (optional) but pasting it into the body of an email and sending it to firstname.lastname@example.org